Having a waitressing job can help get you pay to pay the bills, but if you work at a restaurant that a celebrity frequents, you may end up with a pretty sweet tip. That is, IF you are the one to wait on the celebrity table and IF the right celebrity ends up at your table. Even though celebrities have big bucks to spare, not always are they generous when sharing the wealth.
We put together a list of the top 10 Celebrity Tippers based on stories shared via the ‘net and experiences we have heard of first hand from individuals.
Check it out below!
10. Dan Akroyd: According to a waitress just north of Syracuse, NY, whenever Akroyd visits the restaurant she works at, Dan ALWAYS leaves either a 100 dollar bill or 50% of the bill, depending on the greater amount. Hello!
9. Barack Obama: Now mind you, this was BEFORE Obama was elected into office. TMZ reported that Barack stopped to grab a beer in Raleigh, North Carolina and paid just $2 for the buzz. He paid with a $20 and said, “Keep the change.” That my friends, equals a whopping 900 percent tip.
8. Bill Murray: Bill obviously has some big bucks to spare and he is big on sharing the wealth as well. Not only does Murray offer big tips (rumor has it he gave a 120% tip on a $60 bill), but he offers tips. You know, helpful tips… like how to make lemon wedges juicier. To do that, you need to roll the lemon on the cutting board just before you cut it. Yep now YOU can make lemon wedges juicier thanks to Mr. Murray.
7. Drew Barrymore: It does not surprise me that Barrymore would be a pleasant customer and Ugly Betty star Ana Ortiz can prove that! She waited on the actress a couple of times before she became a star herself. Ortiz said that Barrymore doubles her bill, tipping a whopping 100%! Check, please!
6. Russell Crowe: To me, good ole Russ seems like a douche bag, but apparently he isn’t when it comes to showing his appreciation for good service. He is said to leave huge tips, with one incident including a stop at the Carew Inn in Tenby South Wales for a beer. The tip $1200!
5. Drew Carey: Who wouldn’t want to serve Drew Carey? The guy seems pleasant and he likes to eat. At the Arnie Morton steakhouse in LA, we hear that the Price is Right host racked up a bill of $250! The tip? $400.
4. Hulk Hogan: The Hulk is also said to be a very generous tipper. Not only does Hulk tip well, usually over 50% on a tab, he also is known to greet fans and sign autographs wherever he goes. Have your napkins ready peeps if you spot the Hulk!
3. Charlie Sheen: The biggest story we have heard in regards to Charlie Sheen and his tipping generosity comes from when his daughter had her sweet sixteen birthday party. As you can imagine, it had to have been an expensive event, but Sheen was sure to show his appreciation to each and every person who helped make his daughter’s 16th a special one by dishing out $200 each.
2. David Beckham: Women love him. Men envy him and want to be him. Waitresses want him to be their guest, for obvious reasons, but apparently the guy tips well too. Becks is said to have stopped into Joxer Daily’s Pub in Culver City with a few of his LA Galaxy teammates and after an itty bitty tab of just $100, Becks added another zero onto the tab. $900 tip, plus waiting on that hunk? Win!
1. Johnny Depp: We have never heard anything bad about Johnny Depp, thus that is why he tops our 10 Best Celebrity Tippers list. Johnny shows generosity everywhere he goes but this story stood out to me. Who racks up a $4,400 bill during one sitting? Johnny. Who leaves an extra $4,000 for a tip? That would be Johnny. While he was filming Public Enemies in Chicago, Depp became pals with a water named Mohammaed Sekhani at Gibson’s Steakhouse. Yep, Mr. Mohammaed better have bought himself something nice with that extra four grand.
Other notables who didn’t make my list? Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton, Scott Storch, Brangelina and Julia Roberts.