Anxiety and panic disorders are not as uncommon as you think for those living the celebrity lifestyle. Life in the spotlight and being examined on the daily by those around you can be mentally draining. While many of us little people suffer from anxiety/panic disorder, celebrities are not immune to the disorder.
We have a list of ten celebrities that have been dealing with panic attacks and anxiety for many years…some celebrities experience more of a situational anxiety, while others have more of a hardcore daily struggle.
10. Donny Osmond: In Donny Osmond’s autobiography he revealed that his doctor analyzed him and found social phobia in him. How odd considering his very public persona, right? Well, Osmond said that he would break into a sweat and experience panic before he took the stage to perform.
9. Nicole Kidman: Actress Nicole Kidman admitted that the red carpet is the place where she finds it hard to keep her anxiety in check.
8. Willard Scott: It was two years after he joined the Today Show team that Scott began having panic attacks. During a count down for one of his weather reports, he started sweating and had a hard time breathing.
7. Kim Basinger: Basinger had gotten panic attacks so bad to where she actually stayed in her home for a whole month!
6. Paula Dean: Food Network star Paula Dean also suffered from panic attacks and agoraphobia.
5. Ricky Williams
4. Naomi Campbell (shown above)
3. Roseanne Barr
2. Naomi Judd
1. Courtney Love