I’ve listened to many sad songs in my life, but I’m not so sure they were sad because they sucked or because they genuinely brought emotion to my loins.
Well according to a study, listening to a sad song has reduced SEVEN out of TEN men to tears and almost 90% of women admit listening to an emotional song and crying. Makes sense, right? But what is the one song that has had many people turn on the waterworks?
REM’s “Everybody Hurts”. Check it out here:
Now that you are crying and feeling all depressed, check out the Top 20 Most Depressing Songs of all time below.
TOP 20 SAD SONGS (as voted in survey)
1. Everybody Hurts – REM
2. Candle in the Wind – Elton John
3. The Living Years – Mike and the Mechanics
4. I will always love you – Whitney Houston
5. Nothing compares to you – Prince/Sinead O’Connor
6. Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen/Alexandra Burke/Jeff Buckley
7. My heart will Go On – Celine Dion
8. Fix You – Coldplay
9. Seasons in the Sun – Terry Jacks
10. Without You – Harry Nilsson
11. Yesterday – The Beatles
12. All by myself – Eric Carmen
13. My Way – Frank Sinatra
14. Sound of silence – Simon and Garfunkel
15. Aint no sunshine – Bill Withers
16. Love will tear us apart – Joy Division
17. Leaving on a jet plane – Peter, Paul and Mary
18. Eleanor Rigby – The Beatles
19. Annie’s Song – John Denver
20. Everybody’s got to learn sometimes – Korgis
Are there any songs not on this list that make you shed a tear or two? I admit, this one gets ME every time.