With the 2012 Presidential election kicking into high gear, it’s time for Hollywood to make some noise about the issues.
Whether it’s being an anti-war activist, or fighting for gay rights, or income inquality, Hollywood celebs love to have their voices heard.
Here are 10 actors/actresses who are the most politically active…
1. GEORGE CLOONEY – He is having a fundraiser for President Obama at his L.A. home. Clooney has his finger on the pulse of many social issues. It seems his passion is the work he does in Africa. He has risked his life in speaking out against genocide in the Sudan. He and his father, Nick, were both arrested for protesting outside the Sudanese embassy a few weeks ago.
2. BRAD PITT/ANGELINA JOLIE – I had to put these two together. The work they do for the poor is very impressive. They have given away over $10 million to charities for rebuilding New Orleans and also for the citizens suffering all over Africa.
3. SEAN PENN – Here is an actor who really puts himself out there. Whether its rowing people to safety after Hurricane Katrina, or going toe to toe with world leaders.
4. MATT DAMON – He is not afraid to speak his mind, even with those whom he usually agrees with. Out of his many causes, his fight for teachers rights appears to be his strongest. Maybe it’s because his mother was a school teacher.
5. EVA LONGORIA – While she is considered new to the political scene, Eva has a strong background when it comes to issues facing Latinos in the U.S. She is going to be a major factor in campaigning for President Obama, especially with the Hispanic vote.