It takes a lot to hold our interest with some of the movies we watch. I think all it takes is a great opening scene to grab us and keep our attention.
With that I give you the 10 greatest opening movie scenes in history! IMHO of course…
1. ALI – If this opening doesn’t make you want to get up and start exercising, then something is wrong with you!
2. THE WAY OF THE GUN- Little known flick, but the opening makes the film. Sarah Silverman getting punched in the face. Enough said.
3. PULP FICTION- Classic film. Classic opening. Never seen a diner robbed since.
4. JAWS- This movie still scares the hell out of me. The opening scene sets up the rest of this classic beautifully.
5. THE DARK KNIGHT- Watching this opening scene in IMAX was amazing. Great intro to an unforgettable villain.
6. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK- Our first look at Indiana Jones. Running away from a giant boulder, still a classic movie moment.
7. INGLORIOUS BASTERDS- There is such tension in this opening scene. Christoph Waltz shows why he won an Oscar.
8. STAR WARS- Sure the opening makes you feel like you are doing an eye chart at an optometrist’s office, but you still love it.
9. GOLDFINGER- James Bond movies are always known for their amazing pre-title sequences. Goldfinger was the first to really do it.
10. THE SPY WHO LOVED ME- One of the best stunts ever. Skiing off a cliff! NO CGI!!!